aStore / Amazon

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

What Will You Do With Seven Thousand Clicks?

Fist a short introduction:

For the last five years my work revolved around blogs. Some personal, some for pay and some just for fun (commenting). Five years ago I did not imagine what can be done on the internet. I did not set out to make money or to find work. I was curious of some bloggers and what they were able to do with a few posts and creative ideas. I was also curious where my professional field of work, technology marketing, was going to do with blogs. It turned out that blogging was one of the best investment of time for my career. It is also probably the best way to spend time in keeping with the incredible communication revolution that includes all kind of digital media from music to mobile messaging to every kind of digital format (videos, pictures, text and audio) you see today on the internet.

What's Going On Here?

Like five years ago, I do not have a set plan for this blog. I do want to write about my experience and to help people with their blogging and marketing. Like everyone out there, I have seen things from my own corner of the world. So here it goes... ENJOY !

What's In A Name?

I have a client that wanted a web site, a blog and lots of people to come and see his site. I thought that what he said is what he meant. So I set out to do the best job I could, set up a WordPress site, wrote blog articles, got going with the Linked-In promotion (this is a bit before Twitter and Facebook were popular)... anyway, in about two months we got seven thousand clicks. No AdWords advertising, no big paid campaigns, just posting messages on other blogs and Linked-In. It turned out that this customer wanted to make money. He wanted to shift his "boots on the ground" sales effort to a fully digital web one... well... (imagine Ronald Reagan's voice here) it did not end up exactly as expected. So stay tuned, the story will follow. Ask yourself: "what will I do with seven thousand clicks?"

No comments:

Post a Comment